banner




Events

 

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Date: 19/02/2018  

On the occasion of Diamond Jubilee come enjoy and experience Love in art and Truth in creativity in our Art and Craft Exhibition "Art Essence -2018"


Merry Christmas

Date: 22/12/2017  

Lourdes Family wishes each & everyone 'A Merry Christmas'.



News

 

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Date: 19/02/2018  

Lourdes Convent School completes 60 glorious years on 11th February 2018 since its inception in 1958. 20 years of dedicated service of Missionary Society of Sacred Heart of Jesus and 40 years of selfless service by the Carmalite Sisters



DOWNLOADS

 

Easily download

Circular, Ebooks, Forms, School info.

about us

 

The History of Lourdes Convent School 

                In 1958 the sisters of Sacred Heart established the Lourdes Convent School. They began with 26 students in the pre-primary section. Every year new classes were added. It became a full-fledged school, preparing its boys and girls for the S.S.C Board examination.

                In the year 1978, the Carmelite sisters took over the institution form the sisters of the Sacred Heart. The Carmelite sisters are women consecrated to God under the patronage of Mother Mary of Mount Carmel. Motivated and inspired by the zeal of their charismatic foundress, Mother Mary Theresa Veronica, carry the work of education and other work of mercy in many parts of the country. This congregation took root at Holy Angels Convent, Trivandrum, from where it has spread its branches in India and abroad serving the noble cause of education.~

In the same year the Higher Secondary Section in the General Stream was opened. In the year 1985 a new building was constructed. In 2001 the Higher Secondary Gujarati medium was started and in year 2007 the Science Stream. Today Lourdes Convent School has four sections. The Pre-Primary known as Prem Niketan, the Primary, the Secondary and the Higher Secondary.

There after the school is constantly upgrading its standard in infrastructure, academics, sports, technology and discipline, in order to provide, the best to the students.

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE CARMELITE RELIGIOUS                

 The Congregation of the Carmelite Religious was founded by Mother Veronica of the Passion on July 16, 1868, in France.

Mother Veronica (nee Sophie Leeves) was born on October 1, 1823 in Constantinople of English Anglican parents. The atmosphere of Love in her home culminated in her outstanding love for God which was expressed in her tendency to serve the helpless, the afflicted and the sick.

Mother Veronica was a highly accomplished woman of strong faith, she was fluent in Greek, French, German her native English and several other languages. She came to India as Sister of St.Joseph of the Apparition. She concentrated on the education of girls, empowerment of women and the less privileged. She learnt the regional language - Malayalam to reach out to the poor and the needy along the Malabar Coast.
From here the Congregation has spread to most of the States of India and abroad.